Participants of the WRF visit 2 project sites in the south of Antwerp, experiencing 2 real life citylabs for sustainability.
The visit starts at ‘Lageweg’. The development vision of the urban renewal project Lageweg finds its starting-point in the existing conditions of the former mixed area (residential and industrial site), next to BlueGate Antwerp.
The urban structure and logic, the existing buildings and social-economic activities are the drivers for the new functional claims towards a circular economy.
During the visit we will guide the visitors trough the site and we will focus on the different activities organised in the “Blikfabriek”.
The “Blikfabriek” has a strong creative attractiveness through organising sports, social employment and cultural events. It is the citylab for the future development of the site.
At Circular South participants will meet some circular entrepreneurs at the ‘Plein Publiek’ location.
In 2018, the City of Antwerp kick-started the Circular South project. The aim is to encourage smarter, more efficient use of energy, water, waste and materials by the citizens of the New South district, through an innovative community-driven approach. In a unique participative approach, the city and residents will test advanced technological solutions together, through online and offline activities. This allows the projectmanagers to test and evaluate those new solutions (i.e. smart home devices, nudging, reward systems, top-notch renewable energy system, circular community centre, zero waste, reuse-repair-redesign of materials) by measuring the effects on awareness and behavioural change of the residents.
- 09:00-09:30: departure by bus from Koningin Astridplein to Lageweg (Veva Roesems will be present from 9u15)
- 09:30-10:45: site visit Lageweg (by Veva Roesems)
- 10:45-11:00: transfer by bus to Circular South (location: Plein Publiek, d’ Herbouwillekaai 19, 2000 Antwerpen)
- 11:00-11:15: break with coffee/tea at Plein Publiek (Maud Coppenrath) > included in site visit
- 11:15-12:30: site visit Plein Publiek (by Maud Coppenrath)
- 12:30: departure to Koningin Astridplein
- 13:00: arrival at Koningin Astridplein
- 13:00-14:00: lunch at Koningin Astridplein > lunch not forseen in site visit